The sign ups are now officially open for the Cotton + Steel Aussie Charm Swap!
Cotton + Steel have taken the fabric world by storm since bursting on to the scene in 2013! And I’m still yet to find a single person who doesn’t LOVE their prints. So it makes perfect sense that they would be our next #aussiecharmswap designers!
Here are the details:
1) FIRST IN, BEST DRESSED! This swap will be open to 56 participants, me being one of those! You HAVE to email me to obtain a spot. Your spot is not confirmed until you have received a return email from me! All of C+S’s QUILTING COTTON fabric lines except for the FESTIVE/HOLIDAY prints and SOLIDS can be included. The included lines are listed below.
2) Each spot is 2 C+S fabrics, 1 yard of each, and I strongly suggest that you purchase at least 1/4 yard more in case of any cutting mistakes you might experience. Better safe than sorry.
3) Fabric must be new and unwashed and from a smoke free environment.
4) Press your fabric and remove the selvages before cutting. Cut your yardage into 5 inch squares (56 per yard) total = 112 charms. You can follow my tutorial on how to cut your charms from yardage HERE. Please sort your charms in to pairs, as demonstrated in this photo:
5) Post them out to me by 15th of July – this deadline is very important! If you need to purchase fabric for the swap, please endeavour to do so from Australian retailers to fit the time frame! Put them in a Ziplock bag and include your 112 charms, an index card with your name, mailing address and email address (in case your package opens up, your charms will stay safe and dry and your contact info will get them back to you. You must post them to me using a PRE-PAID SATCHEL. You must also include a SELF ADDRESSED PRE-PAID SATCHEL so that your charms can be mailed back to you. Unfortunately due to the cost and complexity of shipping back internationally, this swap will be for Australian/Kiwi participants only. Kiwi participants will be required to send a return shipping satchel, and will be invoiced via Paypal for return postage.
Once I receive them all I will sort and return a stack of 112 different charms to each participant! You can sign up for ONE SPOT, however, if there are spots remaining after a few days, I will open up those remaining spots to existing swap members. They will be in the mail to you 2-3 weeks later. I will be aiming to have them all in the return post by the middle of August!
6) Very important!!! Please choose fabrics that have not been claimed by another swap member. Please join the MS MIDGE AUSSIE CHARM SWAP FACEBOOK GROUP – Once you have had your spot CONFIRMED, then check in the FB photo album before purchasing fabrics to see what has already been chosen; we want to avoid duplicates. Once you have chosen your fabrics please post pictures, with the Fabric line and specific print/colour information to the Facebook group Photo Album.
7. There is a $5 fee per swap spot. This is to be paid via Paypal, once your spot is confirmed.
So who wants to join in on the Cotton + Steel fabric fun? Email me:
Phone Number (just in case)
Blog address (if you have one)
When I email you and confirm that you are in the swap, I will include my postal address and Paypal information. Here are all the Cotton + Steel fabric lines that are included in this swap. Remember, no FESTIVE fabrics. Some of the older lines are a bit hard to find, but Google is your friend! I have popped a little old blog button down the bottom of the post if you’d like to add it to your social media!
Now – the fabric lines included in this swap are:
Melody Miller – PICNIC; PLAYFUL; MUSTANG
Rashida Coleman-Hale – ZEPHYR; MOCHI; MOONLIT
Alexia Marcelle Abegg – PAPER BANDANA; MESA; HATBOX
Sarah Watts – HOMEYMOON; TOKYO TRAIN RIDE; AUGUST
Kim Knight – LUCKY STRIKES; COOKIE; HOMEBODY
Collaborative – BASICS (PRINTS NOT SOLIDS)
BLACK & WHITE