A few months ago, I listed a bunch of my quilts for sale on my personal Facebook page. I honestly did not think anyone would buy them, but wanted to give friends and family first option before I put them out to the public! Much to my surprise, I sold a few! Two of them found a new home together, for two gorgeous little sisters. But there was just one problem – they have a brother! But I had no boyish quilts…..
So I promised the lovely Kerri that I would make a quilt for the little man in her life. And this is what I did….
Kerri had also commissioned me to make a baby quilt for her nephew around the same time, which I did rather quickly (HERE). And she loved the colours of that little quilt so much, I replicated it – somewhat 😉
These triangles are cut at 9″ wide. Which makes them rather large in triangle terms! It all came together reasonably quickly, and then the top languished for a while as I have been pretty busy life wise. I pulled it back out of hibernation yesterday, added the grey shot cotton for a bit more size, and then managed to baste, quilt and bind it within 24 hours. WIN WIN!
I used a beautiful turquoise Aurifil thread to quilt straight lines. Some diagonally across the triangles, and others across the rows. It left me with some little triangles within triangles.
All in all, I’m super happy with this finish! I think it’s the perfect mix of colours for any little boy (or girl), and am hoping the new owner will love it too!